Congratulations on wanting to become a teacher!
“You’re the only one who can make a difference. Whatever your dream is, go for it." - Earvin Magic Johnson
The Teacher Education Department has a selective admissions process, which is separate from Weber State University admission. Please review the Admission Requirements document listed below as well as the document for the specific program you are interested in.
Admission Requirements, Checklist - This will provide you with the information necessary to apply for the teacher education program.
- Click here if you want to view the GPA Rating Scale
- Application - This will take you to the online application for the teacher education program.
- Secondary Education Students must take and successfully pass the CAAP test.
- To register for the CAAP test go weber.edu/caap to register online. You will take the test in Social Science, SS119, at 8:00 a.m. on the dates listed in the table on page 4 of the above brochure. Call 626-6803 for more information.
- Elementary and Special Education students must take and successfully pass each section of the PRAXIS II test 5031 Elementary Education Content Knowledge as well as the Writing Essay Only portion of the CAAP test.
- Early Childhood Education Students must pass the Early Childhood Education Content Knowledge test 0022 or 5022 as well as the Writing Essay Only portion of the CAAP.
• You must register for the CAAP test at least 10 days prior to the test date.
- To register for PRAXIS II, please go to www.ets.org.
Late registrations will no longer be accepted.
- Study guides are available online at weber.edu/caap. You may also access the web site
www.act.org/caap for sample test questions.
• Cost of the test is $55
• The entire test will take you approximately four (4) hours to
complete. Plan to arrive at least 10 minutes early to complete
- Current minimum scores required for admission to the Teacher Education Programs are:
Writing - 61
- Reading - 59
- Math - 54
- Writing Essay - 3.0
The Adobe Acrobat Reader or compatible program is required to view the forms.