You must provide proof of clearance to the Teacher Education Advisement Center. Please follow the instructions below:
1) Go to uen.org and login to your UEN account or register for a new one if you haven't created one yet. Login and registration can be found in the my.uen box on the left side of the home page. Be sure to write down your username and password. You will need these to access the site during your education courses and as a licensed teacher.
2) If you are creating a new account, you must respond to a verification email before you can continue. Follow the email instructions to complete the registration process.
3) Login to your uen account. You will see a choice to select your start page with several options below. You need to select Visit my personal page by clicking on the word GO.
4) You are now on your personal page. Down at the bottom of this page is a section called Services / Tools. In this section you will select CACTUS in the USOE Tools column.
5) The first time you enter CACTUS you must verify your identity by providing your birthdate and the last four digits of your SSN.
6) Once this has been done, enter the CACTUS site. You are now looking at all the information you provided to USOE when you started the background process. At the top of the page click on the Application Status tab.
7) On this page you should see the information about your background clearance. Please print this page and bring it into the Teacher Education Advisement Center, ED 230. You will then be able to pick up your yellow clearance card. Please note, we will keep this page for our records in your file.